Tuesday 4 April 2017

12" doll pattern changes part 1.


Sorry I've not posted for a while, I've been busy making some changes to doll patterns! I've added a few new techniques, changed a few things around and I'm very close to a point where I feel happy with my finished dolls.(finally) I thought it would be a good idea to show what I've been doing and the improvements I've made.
THE HEAD
The first change was to the doll heads. I've been playing around with the way I make heads in my recent dolls and the way I now do it is to fully needle felt the head. I no longer use tying string or gauze to shape the head initially. I have found this gives me much greater control over the character of the doll.
FACEKept the face and embroidery making the same, and definately getting better at embroidering eyes now(hooray!) also been playing around with freckles on my dolls faces. What do you think?
LEGSThere have been some pretty drastic changes to my doll legs. I'm a lot happier with them now that I don't have a seam running down the front of the leg and this has also left me space to play around with needle felting the legs and adding a knee.
I'm thrilled with how these have turned out, knees will definately be a feature on my dolls from now on. The foot still needs a little work, I think I'll make it a bit longer on my next dolls.
thats it for now but there are more changes to come on my 12" doll, with a new shape, and needle felted body. Hope you've enjoyed seeing the developments here at Debbie Rose Dolls please comment below to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

12" doll pattern changes part 2

I have been continuing to play around with my small doll pattern. I am now much happier with how they are looking . The image above is showi...